Frequently Asked Questions About The Ants In Jacksonville
July 04, 2022 - Ants
Ants are the most common nuisance insects in any American home. Like most pests, the tiny critters move indoors in search of food and good spots to nest and breed. The scout ants report back to the colony and soon could spot a small army following a scent trail into your home. With effective treatment protocols, Jacksonville pest control experts can keep the destructive pest out of your property.
Signs Of An Ant Infestation
Discovering an ant problem within your Jacksonville home can be tricky, with most signs easily missed. Did you just walk past a pile of dirt in your garden or a colony nest? Common signs that point to the need for professional ant control in Jacksonville include:
- Live ants trails: It’s easy to dismiss the few ants scuttling across your floors. However, they might be part of a larger ant infestation. Scout ants leave pheromone trails for other worker ants to follow to get to the food source.
- A pile of dirt: Some ant species build a nest by pushing out mounds of dirt as they burrow. The soil pile on your floors or basement may indicate an entire colony living within your home.
- Discarded wings: Flying ants typically come out during the summer when young queens leave to start their own colonies. Discarded ant wings on your window sills may point to new queens setting home within your property.
- Sawdust mounds: Carpenter ants often leave sawdust trails on wooden beams, ledges, and flooring as they burrow to get in. Hollow sounds may also point to a pest problem inside your wooden structures.
If you spot any of these signs, consider hiring ant control services near you. Some ant species, such as fire ants, are vicious, ferociously attacking anyone that disturbs their nest.
FAQ: What To Expect From Professional Ant Control
Here are some common questions Jacksonville residents have about professional ant pest control.
- Why are ants coming in my house?
Ants often search for food, water, and warm shelter in your home. Commercial ant control companies can identify factors attracting the ants to your house and develop an effective deterrent to keep them away.
- 2. How do ant traps work?
Ant traps use a combination of attractants and insecticides to eliminate the ant infestation. Worker ants are attracted to insecticide-laden food particles that they carry back to their colony. The colony feeds on the poisoned meal, killing the larvae, soldier ants, other worker ants, and even the queen.
- 3. How long do ant traps take to work?
The baiting process can take a few days to several weeks for effective ant control. Typically, every ant that consumes the food bait dies within 48 hours. Placing the traps near a nest or areas with increased ant activity can hasten the colony elimination.
Tips To Prevent Ant Re infestation
Getting rid of ants from your home is troublesome enough. The last thing you'd want is the tiny insects trooping back. Give these tips a try to avoid a re-infestation.
- Clean any food or water spills immediately.
- Avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink for long periods.
- Seal any cracks, gaps, and entrances to your house.
- Use essential oils such as lavender to repel the ants.
- Boric acid and diatomaceous earth can eliminate any new colonies coming up.
- Spray an insecticide barrier around your home.
The best way to keep the ants from coming back is to hire ant control services near you.
Let Trad's Pest Control Help With Your Ant Problem
You can eliminate dangerous ants that find their way into your home by consulting Trad’s Pest Control. Our team can accurately identify the species invading your property and provide effective treatment options to manage them.
Our comprehensive home pest control services include a detailed inspection to identify all colonies within your home. Reach out to us today to learn more about our convenient and eco-friendly ant control measures.