The Dangers Cockroaches Bring To Jacksonville Properties
November 15, 2021 - Cockroaches
For centuries, cockroaches have been seen as a symbol of filth and disgust, and there is no denying that roaches are gross and unwelcome in our homes and businesses. However, many people incorrectly assume that only dirty or poorly kept houses can be infested, but that is simply not true.
Your clean home or business is just as much at risk for a roach infestation as a cluttered apartment. These ridiculously resilient bugs can survive in virtually any environment — if there is filth to be found anywhere in your home, the roaches will find it, and they will make themselves right at home.
Types Of Cockroaches In Jacksonville, FL
There are several different kinds of cockroaches in Jacksonville that may want to take up residence in your home or business. Below are the most common types:
- American cockroach: The American cockroach is the largest species of cockroach and can grow up to 3 inches long. Both males and females have long wings, allowing them to easily travel through your home. This kind of roach loves the warm, humid climate that Jacksonville offers, making your home or business especially vulnerable to infestation.
- German cockroach: The German cockroach is typically tan or light brown in color, with horizontal white stripes. This type also has wings but is less likely to use them to fly. They are the most common invader in the Jacksonville area, and this type is most likely to be found hanging out in your pantry and squeezing into the tight spaces of your home.
There are several more types of cockroaches that might try to set up shop in your home, but the American and German cockroaches are the most common kinds of cockroach in Jacksonville.
Why Cockroach Infestations Are Dangerous To Jacksonville Residents
If you see signs of a cockroach infestation in your home or business, it is important to call Trad’s Pest Control immediately. Cockroaches are not just gross to have around — they pose a direct threat to the health and safety of the human occupants of that property.
Cockroaches carry more than 60 kinds of pathogenic bacteria, fungi, molds, parasitic worms, and viruses, including:
- Salmonella: Salmonella strains transmitted by cockroaches are much harder to treat than others since the strains are as resilient as the roaches that spread them.
- E. coli: This disease is easily spread to your family or employees by a roach scurrying over your eating utensils.
- Listeria: This is another disease that roaches can easily spread, simply by being near anything a human might put into their mouth.
Some cockroaches can even cause allergies in children. Symptoms include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest tightness or pain
- A whistling or wheezing sound when breathing out
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
What To Do If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
If you have noticed signs of a cockroach infestation in your home or business (maybe you have seen egg capsules or droppings that resemble pepper flakes), it is time to call Trad’s Pest Control. Due to the serious health risks that cockroaches pose, it is not recommended that you try to get rid of the infestation yourself. Trad’s Pest Control has many years of experience safely and effectively eliminating cockroach infestations. Most importantly, the technicians from Trad’s Pest Control will work to help you prevent roaches from coming back to your house and will exterminate these pests for good.
Your home or your business should be where you feel healthiest and safest. Let Trad’s Pest Control take on these insects for you, permanently removing the threat from your home and ensuring it does not return. Reach out to Trad’s Pest Control today for a free quote!