The Secret To Effective Cockroach Control In Jacksonville
October 23, 2021 - Cockroaches
Cockroaches in Jacksonville are anything but easy to kill. Running up to 3.5 miles per hour and surviving for days without their heads, getting rid of an infestation is more complex than it looks.
Let’s look at some secrets involved with effective cockroach control here in Jacksonville and explore some helpful cockroach prevention tips along the way.
How Cockroaches Get Their Pathogens
Because roaches prefer to spend time in dark, warm, damp areas, they often contact mold growth and other pathogens. Fungus, disease, and bacteria love to congregate in these spaces and are picked up by the roach as it scurries from place to place.
Now filled with disgusting germs, roaches will continue to travel through your bathrooms, kitchens, and food items. They will lay their eggs in raw ingredients and otherwise contaminate your food supplies. This could make your family extremely sick and even require some medical attention.
Cockroach Prevention Tips To Avoid Future Infestations
Whether or not your home has recently been treated for a cockroach problem, it’s a good idea to look for new ways of preventing their arrival in the future. Check out these tips below to keep your home or business safe all year long:
- Look for any entry points that could be allowing roaches to get inside, including cracks, gaps, and crevices near the walls. Doors and windows also have a high number of entry points, among other things.
- Use plastic liners in all of your garbage bins to prevent the buildup of moisture or scent. Trash should be disposed of entirely once every week.
- Keep food stored in glass containers with airtight lids, preferably off the counters and inside cupboards.
- Declutter your home frequently, and clear away any yard debris or other leaf piles that could contribute to cockroach attraction.
- Moisture issues, including those inside and outside the house, should be rapidly addressed. Use desiccant sprays or satchels to sop up light moisture, and invest in a dehumidifier for anything more serious.
Still need more helpful cockroach prevention tips? Trad’s Pest Control is the perfect place to begin. Call or visit our primary office space to see how we can help.
Trad’s Pest Control Offers 100% Roach Management
Cockroach infestations are difficult to overcome, even for homeowners with more hands-on experience. These insects reproduce quickly, making it harder and harder to track down every last insect. They are also tough to destroy with do-it-yourself (DIY) tactics alone since most over-the-counter (OTC) treatments are ineffectual against the roaches and their strong carapaces.
Because of the difficulty of removing a rooted roach infestation and the problems that arise from their presence, it only makes sense to contact Trad’s Pest Control for effective cockroach control. Our team is 100% trained in eliminating cockroach species and has helped home and business owners all over Jacksonville find an easier way to become pest-free. Enquire about our services today to learn more about our specialized home pest control and commercial pest solutions in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida, or get in touch with a pro online to chat about your options.